Monday, October 11, 2010

My First Match To Live

Here's my very first Match-To-Live! It was for project 2 for my TECH 316 (Digital Lighting and Rendering) class. We had a critique today, so there are some things that I still need to fix, so I will repost it when it's more "final."

I have to say this is probably one of the hardest projects I've ever done - but at the same time, I don't think I've ever been as proud of one. It's given me a new way to look at things, and find a huge number of details in even the simplest of objects.


Anyway, I think it's coming along, but it's still not perfect yet. I'm struggling with Nuke a bit because I don't have a lot of experience with it. The shadow isn't quite right, and I still need to work on the highlights and bounce at the bottom. Also my shader still needs some work. I think (and the class generally agreed) that they both look real, just not quite right together. It's getting there!

Also, here's a screen shot of my Nuke script. It seems really jumbled to me, but give me a break, I'm learning. :)

1 comment: